Sunday, November 27, 2005

A summary 2.

Invoke Nuit beneath her stars
With a pure hearth (her incense burned
Of gums and woods, in gold inured),
And let the serpent flame therein
A little, and thy soul shall win
To lie within her bosom. Lo!
Thou wouldst give all-and she cries: No!
Take all, and take me! Gather spice
And virgins and great pearls of price!
Worship me in a single robe,
Crowned richly! Pale and purple, veiled,
Voluptous, svan silver-sailed,
I love thee. I am drunkenness
Of the inmost sense; my soul´s caress
Is toward thee! Let my priestess stand
Bare and rejoicing, softly fanned
By smooth-lipped acolytes, upon
Mine iridescent altar-stone,
And in her love-chaunt swooningly
Say evermore: To me! To me!
I am the azure-lidded daughter
Of sunset; the all-girdling water;
The naked brilliance of the sky
In the voluptous night am I!
With song, with jewel, with perfume,
Wake all my rose´s blush and bloom!
Drink to me! Love me! I love thee,
My love,my lord-to me! to me!

1 comment:

Kauko Allén said...

"A sumary 2" Contains some Verses by Aleister Crowley from His AHA! book first published at Spring 1910. All the oilpaintings are by me.